LIFESTYLE WORKSHOP WITH A LIVE MODEL - AUGUST 13TH - 6:30 TO 8:30
During this Meetup you'll use both natural light and off camera flash (speedlights) in a "lifestyle" shoot with a live model. This Meetup is designed for YOU to learn and shoot so participation is limited to no more then 8 photographers. I'll be explaining, demonstrating then assisting you shoot. We will be shooting both in and outdoors (weather permitting).
WHAT TO BRING:
You should bring your camera (and manual), your speedlight/camera flash (and manual), reflector (optional), flash trigger (optional), tripod (optional) and a light stand with any modifier you have such as an umbrella (optional). While I'll have equipment there for you to use, there is no better training then to use your own gear.
THE LOCATION / PARKING:
The Northbridge Centre is a premier building in the heart of downtown West Palm Beach. It's located at 515 Flagler (very tall black building next to the north bridge) and offers us plenty of opportunity for both indoor and outdoor shooting. In addition to a beautiful, spacious lobby, they also have a rooftop garden area on the 5th floor facing east and are just steps away from the waterfront area.
Free parking is available on the west side of the building in the garage which is on the corner of Olive and 4th or on the east side of the building (facing Flagler) in the valet spots.
- Learn simple ways to determine the proper exposure using ambient light while mixing in off camera speedlight flash.
- Understand the difference when using flash modifiers such as umbrellas, beauty dish and soft boxes.
- We will use "flash triggers" so we can use our flash remotely (optional).
- Understand the power and zoom settings on your speedlight to capture the proper exposure.
- I'll show you simple posing techniques and we will have several outfit changes during the shoot so you can capture a variety of images.
- Participants should have a general understanding of the 3 components of exposure (shutter, aperture and iso). I'll show you how to use these settings to capture beautiful images.
Ms Alex from Miami Floirda will be joining us (below). Note: all photos below were shot with just one speedlight mixed with natural light.
Only $25 per person. Because of the limited space please pay at time of registration to reserve your space. If you rather not use PayPal you can contact me to pay over the phone (I accept all major cards). Because we'll be in the building we'll be shooting rain or shine so rain checks will not be offered. 561.324.9080